Monday, August 16, 2010

He is enrolled!!! Yep, we went and got Brayden all signed up for Jr High! It only took 2 hours and 40 mins and cost a measly $183.00, but now he is ready to go... I am NOT sure how I feel about that :)

Part of the reason it took so long is that they get their school pictures taken and their ID cards issued. Brayden was THRILLED to see how much he had changed from last year… I however swallowed hard and tried to ignore the booth that said “85% of kids all kids that drink and do drugs start in Jr. High” YEP, exactly what I wanted to hear! So for the rest of the hour+ I reminded what would happen to him if he chose to be in that 85%. And just like Brayden who is use to his CRAZY mom he just smiled gave me a hug and said “Oh mom you worry too much”! REALLY???… well then prove it! I WAS excited however that he still will give me a hug in public… Had to swallow hard again! I have a feeling I will be doing a LOT of that in the next few weeks… I have promised to NOT cry when I take him to his first day of Jr. High (which by the way Tyler is totally betting against me… stinker) And I also promised I would TRY not to cry when I tuck him in on his last night as a “tween” and again that morning when he wakes up an OFFICIAL teenager. I am with Tyler …. I am doomed!!! I am NOT an emotional person UNTIL it comes to my kids and then I am a mess! I am thankful for everyday I get to watch them grow up and I have actually LOVED all of the stages we have gone through. It is NOT that I don’t want them to grow up … because I do! I can’t wait to see what they will do as adults, the kind of spouse/parents they will become… I just want them to SLOW IT DOWN!!!

No comments: